Friday, March 27, 2015

The King Of Fruits.

The King of Fruits aka Durian has edible flesh that tastes like an creamy almond custard. There is one draw back however. I know you are probably thinking that the spikes on it make it hard to get into, but that isn't really a problem. The main issue with this fruit is its smell. It smells like raw sewage. Because of this, it is banned from most hotels and public forms of transportation.

In the US when you buy this delicious fruit, it is only sold frozen and double wrapped. Here in Philippines you can buy this fruit in any store or roadside market. Here it isn't frozen and is found in its natural state. In some cases, it is already cut up and dissected for you to enjoy. It really is something that you will either love or hate.   The funny part is that some means of public transportation in Asia will not allow you to hitch a ride if you are carrying this luscious fruit. Go figure.

I happen to love Durian.  Everyone else I know is sickened by the smell. A few of my brave friends even tried to eat the candy and ice cream made from this gem.  Mostly all of them spit it out immediately and then complained about not being able to get the taste out of their mouth.

My partner Brian hates even the sight of Durian  and since I am a good partner, this little gem stayed in the store today.  Oh well.  I still have some hard candies to enjoy.

Durian Sorbet it is smooth, creamy and so good.    Durian hard candy. It tastes and smells like fresh durian.


If you like this post and want to see more, follow me on my website www.chadcompton.com
Or if you prefer...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line.