Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Embed A Twitter Feed Into A Website

I recently was asked to embed a Twitter feed into a clients website.  After I launched the site, I was asked how I did this.  So instead of just emailing that one person and letting him know, I thought I would write a blog about it.  This way many people could benefit from the information as well.

Please note that you do not just have to post a specific Twitter feed on your site. During this process, I found out that you can also embed Favorites, Search Words, Lists, or Collections from any given account.

Embedding a Twitter feed and any other social media into a site is a great way to allow non-coding site owners the ability to update sections of their site without having to attempt to edit the website code itself.  This feature is also immediate with no delay in data or news getting to the feed.  I would encourage any website owner to do this.  I will also blog about how to do this with other forms of social media as well at a later date and time.  Keep checking back often.  Or if you wish to see one sooner than later, email me.

The 8 simple steps below will allow you to embed a twitter feed into a website with ease.
  1. Sign into a Twitter account, please note it doesn't have to be the account you wish to embed into your site.
  2. Go click on your avatar up in the right corner and then go down to Settings.
  3. Once you are in your Settings, go click on Widgets.
  4. Click on the Create New button.
  5. Type the Twitter Username you are wishing to embed in the top line.
  6. Click through the Options you wish to show and then customize some of the design by defining the Height, Theme, and Link Color.
  7. Click the Create Widget button.
  8. Copy & paste this code to your website.

If you like this post and want to see more, follow me on my website www.chadcompton.com
Or if you prefer...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line.