Thursday, May 4, 2017

Cinnamon Bourbon Peach Upside Down Spice Cake

I made a cinnamon bourbon peach upside down spice cake for my roommate's birthday and had a few people asking for the recipe. Like most things I make, I kind of throw a lot of stuff together. That being said...I thought I would type this one up using a couple of cheats. One big cheat will be using a boxed yellow cake.

I have to say this cake is by far 1000 times better than the normal pineapple upside down cake.  I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Cake Layer Ingredients:

1 Table spoon ground cinnamon
peach juice to substitute for water (optional)

Prepare the box cake per instructions on the box. Instead of using water for the box cake, I substituted with the peach juice from my canned peaches.   Please note I didn't use the canned peaches in syrup. BLAH.  I actually used peaches canned in juice.  After the cake was all mixed up, I added the cinnamon to tie in the the flavors of the cinnamon bourbon aka Fireball that I was adding to the bottom layer.

Bottom Layer Ingredients:

1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 shot (I used 2) Cinnamon Bourbon aka Fireball
1 can sliced chopped peaches (in juice not syrup)

Directions: 

Preheat the oven per the box cake instructions.

Mix the box cake per instructions given, substitute peach juice for the water that is required. Add the Table spoon of cinnamon and set aside.

Spray the pan you are using (I used 9 x 13).

Spread around the chopped peaches.

Sprinkle the brown sugar all over the peaches.

To the melted butter, add the Cinnamon Bourbon and combine.  Pour this over the brown sugar and peaches.

To this, pour over the mixed cake batter.

Bake it per the instructions on the box for the pan you choose.

I served with vanilla ice cream.  I hope you enjoy.



If you like this post and want to see more, follow me on my website www.chadcompton.com Or if you prefer...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line.